Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another Month Down

And the rest of our lives to go. Patience is a virtue, and lately, it seems to be in short supply. I know that some of you out there are wondering where I am going to take this one, so sit back and relax and let me show you.

Recently, through a bad turn of events and a few people who I barely qualify as human, my better half found herself in a bit of a predicament. Now, I have to say, I haven't known a lot of people over the years that bounce as well as she does (take that however you like ;)), she just randomly goes places and runs into former customers that still want her to groom their dogs for them. I mean, she goes to file for medical assistance, and runs into one of her former customers that works there. I still can't figure it out. She must have done some seriously good shit in a previous life.

Anyways, onto the patience part.

Now, while she is waiting for a determination on her assistance, she has been looking at other options for financing her surgery, and it seems as though she just can't wait to hear back from them. She is champing at the bit and begging to go way out on a limb to get this done. Believe me, I know that this is something that will make her feel complete and whole for the first time in her life and I know that this is something that will make our lives that much easier, but by the same token, if the system that you have spent the last how many years paying into is able to help you out, then why not be patient and wait a little bit and let them do it, or at least wait until they turn you down before you go out there doing things that will overextend you.

Mind you, I have to admit, there are some serious boobies there now that were definitely not there before, but I also know that she needs the surgical help to get them where she needs them to be also know that big boobs don't help much if you're living in a cardboard box. I guess I Am just afraid of being overextended and loosing what we have.

I want to close this out with a paragraph from one of my favorite authors, Laurell K. Hamilton. This is from her novel Incubus Dreams. "There comes a point where you just love someone. Not because they're good, or bad, or anything really. You just love them. It doesn't mean you'll be together forever. I(t doesn't mean you won't hurt each other. It just means you love them. Sometimes in spite of who they are, and sometimes because of who they are. And you know that they love you, sometimes because of who you are, and sometimes in spite of it."

This book is from the Anita Blake series, if you are a fan of Vampire and werewolf fiction set in current times (also called Alternate history writing), this is definitely worth the read.

Have a safe journey.

No comments: