Monday, October 8, 2007

OMG!! Are those BOOBIES?!?!?!?!

OK, I know that title sounds a little juvenile, but if you knew me, you would know that I make it a point to never act my age. I credit this attitude for my youthful looks and energy :)

I held off a little bit longer than I wanted to on writing this because I knew that there was something in the works, something big. Well, about a DD big. Yeah, she is getting the breast augmentation done. Most likely, it will be around Thanksgiving, so I guess we will both have something to be thankful for.

A lot of thought has been running around in my brain pan of late, well since she told me that the funding for it had been secured anyway. I guess it is one of those things that you do when your life is changing. I know that I love this person and that the gender change will not make a difference in that, so that is not the issue, I guess I am wondering what kind of changes this will bring in the relationship because it is going to change how she feels about herself and that can affect everything. Hopefully, it will be for the better.

Part of me wants to run around yelling that I have a new set of fun bags to play with (OK, that was really juvenile, but hey, that's what is going through my head.) The other part of me is waiting cautiously to see what happens. I know that there is going to be a period of griping, bitching and general unpleasantness as she recovers from the surgery (I mean hell, they cut a hole in your chest and shove a big gummy-bear like thing in underneath the muscle and stretch it all to hell and back.... you can't tell me that doesn't hurt like a bastard!!!!) and am hoping that it is a rather quick recovery and minimal complaining :)

I think that I am definitely going to be taking some before shots so that we can document this whole thing. I really wish I had thought of that back in the beginning, because I think that a once a week picture of the transition would have been an amazing documentary. Ah well, such is life, hind sight is always 20/20 eh?

OK, I need to go finish making dinner now. I will keep trying to make these updates a little more frequently. Now that we are up to full staff at the salon, I get a day off here and there so I should be able to fit in a little more blogging time.

Until then, have blast and enjoy life :)

No comments: