Saturday, May 12, 2007

Change is in the air

Well, things certainly are moving along. Yesterday, we did a little research and found out how to go about getting ID that states female instead of male. As it turns out, in New York State, all you need is a letter from your physician, psychologist or psychiatrist that you are transitioning and are living as one gender or the other, despite being born the opposite. I have to say, the glow in her eyes when she proudly showed me the temporary ID stating female was enough to almost make me cry (hey, I was at work, I have to be a little professional).

I guess I have also neglected to mention some other important things, primarily the fact that there are significant body changes as well. Other then the general softening and feminization of the facial features, she is now up to almost a B cup (without surgery at this point) and there is also a definite change in the hips and waist to give that more hourglass-like figure.

While these changes have been gradual, they are apparent enough that 99% of people who pass by in the street have no idea that she was born male. This is what we were looking for. While I realize that not everyone is going to be this lucky, I have to admit, i am glad that we are.

OK, time to go finish the laundry now :)

Have a great day!

No comments: